My name is Takayoshi Nishida. I’m a Japanese Software Engineer based in Osaka, Japan. I’m working as a R&D team member of a London-based MLOps startup company. I specialize in back-end development – including server-side development, API development, infrastructure and so on.
Also, I am a graduate student at Georgia Tech pursuing Master of Science (MS) in Computer Science from 2019 January. Sometimes it’s tough to study while working full-time, but it’s exciting to learn new things and gain new knowledge.
What I do
- Back-end development / Software Development
- API development
- Database design
- TDD (Test Driven Development)
- DevOps, Infrastructure
- Cloud (AWS, GCP, etc)
I’m going to explain with some more detail with actual projects as follows.
Project (1) MLOps software as a service
I build MLOps software that makes users integrate and deploy AI/ML models easily. To define and manage the data pipeline, I develop with Apache Airflow. Also we create the CLI tools for the users to integrate and deploy their software to variety of cloud services such as AWS, GCP and on-prem. It is very exciting to research new solutions and discuss with team members.
Tech stack: Python, Go, Apache Airflow, Kubernetes, Docker, gRPC, AWS, GCP
Project (2) Video Converter Software (Backend)
Another project is the video converter system that generates video from various photos, music, and short videos. To support many kinds of videos, I added new options to it. Furthermore, I made a new API and new feature to support the new type of videos.
Tech stack: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, FFmpeg, Docker, Azure
Project (3) Worldwide Real Estate Web Platform (Back-end, Infra)
This is the web platform where people can find their real estates over the borders. I joined this project from scratch so that I built all of the foundations of the back-end system and the infrastructure. It is made using Ruby on Rails and React for front-end. To interact with the frontend, we build the API and separate the implementation between backend and frontend.
Tech stack: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, React, AWS (EC2, ElasticSearch, ElasticBeanstalk, RDS etc), MySQL, Redis, NginX
- Ruby, Ruby on Rails
- Apache Airflow
- MySQL, Redis
- AWS (EKS, EC2, RDS, ElasticBeanstalk, ELB, ElastiCache, CloudSearch etc.)
- GCP (GCE, GKE)
- NginX, Apache
Master of Science (MS) in Computer Science, Georgia Institute of Technology – Georgia, USA (2019 Jan - 2022 Expected )
- Computer Networks (Python, routing algorithms, congestion control, SDN) [Grade: A]
- Graduate Intro to Operating Systems (C, multi-threading, shared-memory, RPC) [Grade: A]
Bachelor of Science (BS) in Physics, Kwansei Gakuin University – Hyogo, Japan
- CKAD: Certified Kubernetes Application Developer by CNCF(2019 Jan)
- Algorithms, a 4-course specialization by Stanford University (Coursera, 2018 Jul)
- TOEFL iBT Score 104 / 120 (on 2018 May)
- Machine Learning Engineer Nanodegree (Udacity, 2017 Nov)
- Machine Learning by Stanford University (Coursera, 2017 May)
You can find me at…
The requests for work are always welcome 🚀